Movie: Don’t Worry Darling (2022) 1. What conventions of the genre that you chose to base your final task on does this movie have? Our genre, thriller, contains conventions that signal the reader they are in for a suspenseful film. Some of these include close-ups of characters' faces and quick cuts, both of which were seen in the film. The close-ups help to display clearly the change in emotion the actor portrays during an event. This is especially important within this genre of thriller as a lot of the time, we learn sinister details through what a character is discovering. Quick cuts on the other hand set a fast and engaging pace during action. Black and white scenes created by editing is another part of thriller films. This aspect was used in the film to enhance emotion and low lighting. Even to enact fear in the viewer. 2. What conventions of the genre did the movie have that you liked? Some of my personal favorite aspects of the f...
Part |: - My takeaway from this video is that there are many key differences between films and photo novels, and those differences are essential to understand how an audience perceives different media forms. This includes but is not limited to acting, plot, story-telling, and editing. - Some good information I gathered while processing this video was how important the plot is as well as a climax to a film. It is hard to write a script, but as good as other elements of a film may be, without a plot there is nothing your audience can grip onto for the duration of the film and can be the downfall of what could've been great. It is good to have an idea but it is crucial to be able to execute it. - I envision this helping me through my short film process by helping me think more about whether or not an audience understands my film based off the script and not just whether or not I understand it. It will help me keep in mind that in this case I have to keep people's attention and in...
I'm back! Once again, I know you missed me! How have you been, Sappies? I'm sure now that you've seen I've blogged, you feel ten times better. I just have that effect on people, I know. This time I'll be taking you guys through the editing process. So starting off, we had to figure out who was going to be in charge of what. It was sort of complicated to since I really wanted to edit, but so did Valentina. But then, it was also a group project so, Sabrina had to help as well. In the end though, we decided that Valentina and I would edit together at her house and that we would send updates and questions about specific edits to Sabrina so that she could have a part too. Okay, so now time to edit. We decided from the beginning that we would choose This Love by Maroon 5 as our song choice. But we also decided that for the plot we wanted, a specific verse would fit best. The only problem was that that verse was too into the song for our music video to be a maximum of t...
Comments
Post a Comment