Hey, Sappies! What's up? Today we'll be focusing on the editing process of this beautiful beginning of a film. In order to not stress you out on the actual length of editing though, i'll be splitting this up into two blogs on two separate days. I'm not trying to stress you out more than I've already done so. So now, we'll be getting into the basics of editing. I'm saving any sound stuff like voice over and music for the next blog since that's a bit more lengthy. In this blog we'll be talking about the editing of clips. So similar to the music video, I went over to Valentina's house since we're using her software to put this all together. We first started by exporting all the clips onto her computer and then opened Movavi to get started. We started by arranging all the clips where they were supposed to go and deciding what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to get rid of. Sabrina, Valentina, and I like to think three steps ahead and so along...
Welcome back, Sappies. I know it's been super long...but it's been with good reason. Like I'd said in my previous blogs, one of my team members, Valentina, was hospitalized. She was discharge in a bit over a week, but still couldn't film with us due to having to heal. Only recently, she was doing well enough to be able to film. So, we finally filmed! And with that, comes my update for you, Sappies. We started to film the first scene and a few others at my house. We had Valentina filming and Sabrina and I were the actresses'. Some of the scenes we were filming though, were meant to look like they were in different locations. So we used different rooms and different props and decorations in the background to emphasize that one scene was in my room at my house and the other scene was in Sabrina's room at her house. We mostly used over-the-shoulder and wide shots. We also got to filming the opening scene of the music video which was the 'get ready with me...
Genre: Horror Common camera angles, movement, and shots: - dutch angle - low angle - high angle - POV - wide shot - extreme close up - tracking shot - tilt Common mis-en-scene: - makeup: fake blood - props: weapons (knives, guns, chainsaws) - costumes: dark clothing, messy hair - acting: scared - lighting: dim lighting - setting: dark, deserted areas Common editing: - fade in/ fade out - jump cuts Common sound: - heavy breathing - footsteps - screams - whispers Movies in this genre: - It - Talk to Me - Scream Elements we liked: - mis-en-scene; especially the props because using blood addds to the story and makes it scarier - sound effects - eerie element Elements we didn’t like: - dim lighting
Comments
Post a Comment